Cookies

By viewing this blog, you agree to use cookies and allow Google to track your internet activity. Please see Google's cookie and privacy policies for more information.

Followers

Friday 18 February 2011

Estoy En El Refugio - El 1

Unless you were living beneath a rock in 2010, you'll know that the title of this post is a reference to the note passed to the surface by the 33 Chilean miners who were stuck underground for some two months.

I'm not in the same predicament - or even a similar one - but I have sought refuge inside of a playground for the time being.

It's extremely windy and raining outside, so it's fair to say that the weather has very rudely interrupted my nightly post-dinner walk. I'm not used to such weather, having lived in southern California my entire life. On top of the wind and rain, it's bloody freezing outside. The temperature is currently 12C (54F), and I can't stop shivering. I think it's time to stick my phone in its dry plastic bag and trudge on home.

Unfortunately, my umbrella's just been taken away by the wind. Off to find it!

1 comment:

  1. I must be living under a rock cause I didn't get the reference, of course I saw news about the miners but didn't really follow every movements..

    ReplyDelete