Cookies

By viewing this blog, you agree to use cookies and allow Google to track your internet activity. Please see Google's cookie and privacy policies for more information.

Followers

Saturday 5 March 2011

Parades Putting Me In A Pinch

I knew for weeks that today's day at work would be dreadful, due to a blocking of the main street for a parade about whales.

It turns out I was spot-on, and this parade caused me to do all kinds of extra driving and clever navigating only a local could accomplish.

Once past the parade, I thought I was free to speed on up the coast, roughly ten miles to the other place in which I work. In this case, I was dead wrong. The city directly to the north was having a parade of its own, meaning that I was left to struggle through detours for more than an hour.

So, after leaving the home base around 11:45am, I didn't reach the other location - just ten miles up the road - until 1:10pm. Couple that with the fact that it was 28C (86F) outside, tourists rarely know how to drive, and the truck I was using lacked air conditioning; and I was made to be in a perfectly dreadful mood as a result of these tedious parades.

In future, you may go march your local celebrities, dressed-up marines, and driving advertisements elsewhere. Thanks very much.

21 comments:

  1. Parades, parades everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reds all the way this year

    followd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was about 40F where I live. I would really enjoy nice hot weather about now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have parades for whales? What exactly have they done to deserve this honor? Eat plankton? Look ugly? Be grotesquely large?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ouch that blows

    I released a new set today, check it out!
    Electric Addict Set #3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never seen a parade in my life ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah.. the normal weather around where I live is around 30C. :[ I hope there are parades round here, would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should have just cut in and joined the parade.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the same happens to me last night, Shakira and Alejandro Sanz (both artist -singers-) where doing their shows in my city, and the traffic was a hell. i arrrive home at 3.30 AM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smalltown parades are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was once boxed in by an event, so that I couldn't drive out of my are at all, man I yelled at the cop for 5 min, in the end he had to let me pass :D.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Parades are wonderful, we had one just yesterday here in austria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Parades kinda suck, don't they? lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. parades cause so many hassles =x

    ReplyDelete
  15. its always strange when your pissed off and everyone around you is having a great time... like salt in a wound ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You shoulda just started partying on top of your car.

    Always leads to good results for me.

    Entertaining as always man, keep up the great posts =3

    ReplyDelete
  17. that sucks 86F on a metal cage!! where do you live? i live in the dessert and we still dont get high temp til like may

    ReplyDelete