Cookies

By viewing this blog, you agree to use cookies and allow Google to track your internet activity. Please see Google's cookie and privacy policies for more information.

Followers

Saturday 12 March 2011

Petrol/Gas Prices - Part 3

So this will be the final instalment* of my price of gasoline series, as it has now surpassed the psychologically significant barrier of $4 per gallon.

The petrol station pictured here is an average price for my area; $4.139 is the highest price I've seen for 87-octane petrol. That being said, last time I wrote about how we had just passed the $1/liter mark; however, that was some 18 cents ago. The price for a liter is now 107.2 cents - and climbing.

The sign pictured here started the day at a mere $4.019 - something I would have loved to have paid. By 12:30pm, the price moved up 4 cents, and this was on a day when the markets were closed.

Without using currency exchange rates, how much is a liter of fuel where you live? And, if you're in a part of the US that is not California, how much does it cost where you live?

*For some reason, the American spelling of this word - with 2 l's - looks wrong to me now.

29 comments:

  1. Im in Upstate NY, and prices now are roughly $3.75/gallon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spell that and "theatre" non-American I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont even want to go out these days cause of those prices

    ReplyDelete
  4. damn I wish i could work from home, 20 + mile commute one way :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You spelled Installment wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is why i drive a motorbike much more gas efficient and better for the environment

    ReplyDelete
  7. In California...doesn't make it any better. *bangs head*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ridiculous prices.... pshhh...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well here Gasoline is at 1.55€ liter (1.80$ almost) and regular is at 1.40€... so it's cheaper there.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Note: standard petrol in Poland is 95-octane.
    I live in Poland and it's now about $1.73406/litre, which means $6,5641~/US gallon. However I drive a diesel so it's slightly lower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Bacon Fan: I do the same thing when weather permits. Unfortunately where I live we have snow and ice on the ground right now so my gsx-r isn't very safe to ride.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The price will keep on increasing if we continue like this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tri-state area it's around $3.50-3.90.

    It's going to go way up too, don't think this is it. :|

    ReplyDelete
  14. Damn that's very expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i live in southern california and its at $4.03 the cheapest price. really sad how we are addicted to oil

    ReplyDelete
  16. it will be $10+ in my lifetime easily

    An overwhelming dose of awesome can be found in my 4th electro set! Check it
    Electric Addict Set #4

    ReplyDelete
  17. blame the banks for this one

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gas for premium over here is staying right under $4.00 right now. I'm hoping its going to hold a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah, gas prices suck and there's pretty much nothing we can do about it :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good god. Im going have to start riding my bike again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow gas is only 3.50 around here but that's still alot more than it used to be!

    ReplyDelete
  22. fucknig gas hate it almost 4 $ here aswell like 3.71 ish if not 4 some where in this state

    ReplyDelete
  23. Petrol is now at the record high of £1.34 per litre. If you use an exchange rate on that to dollars, we are being raped for our fuel compared to other countries :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's why I use an electric car... in my dreams, at least.

    ReplyDelete